Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Attention All Slackers (I'll get to you Procrastinators later)

Hmmm . . .
It occurred to me the other day, as I was mentally reprimanding myself for not getting much accomplished the previous day, hey wait a minute! ~ I did get have a productive day!!  I began to wonder why I so frequently admonish myself for wasting precious time, when in fact I fall into bed at day's end completely exhausted.

Well I figured it out.  I have so many wonderful things going on simultaneously I can't possibly get to all of them each and every day.  It dawned on me, after beating myself up inside, that the previous day was in fact, quite eventful.  I woke early and first thing headed to the gym for a good workout.  Then I met with one of the young and most cerebral group of women educators I've ever had the pleasure to work with to pick up supplies and gather details of the upcoming Teachers In-Service sessions we are presenting in April.  I have the honor of being the food component (as always) showing teachers how to incorporate food and food preparation in their curriculum by utilizing the garden classrooms many of our local schools have on site.  I absolutely believe there are a multitude of lessons to be learned from Garden Classrooms besides science.  Math of course with all that measuring and adapting recipes to fit your group size, social studies, the foods of other cultures and of course art.  After that, I released another entry on my personal blog yourcosmicmuffin.blogspot.com, took care of some household chores and walked the dog.

After recharging myself on a grilled cheese sandwich made of mozzarella, ricotta, spinach and minced red onion I headed over to Nancy's house.  There, we finalized room accommodations for our trip, updated and clarified our Crowdfunding site and expanded our Food, Faith and Alzheimer's FaceBook page.

Why is it, almost daily, am I telling myself I'm not accomplishing anything?!  Let's be real and let's be kind to ourselves.  I'm saying "let's" since I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this to themselves. Especially if there are multiple children, family members, friends, a job or two in your life, it's not unlikely one feels like a hamster on the wheel going round and round but not going anywhere.  Let's "stop the madness!" (remember Susan Powder?) and give ourselves some credit.

So what if I took 3 days to walk the beach in Laguna, shopped until I almost dropped and ate and drank with my gal pals like a hedonistic princess with her court of ladies.  Those days were my reprieve and well deserved.
Aboard the U.S.S. Dana Point something or other

Upon closer evaluation it turns out I, and Nancy for that matter, and probably you, are not the slacker's we think we are.    And to prove it, here is some of the fruit of my and Nancy's labor.

# Alzheimer’s
Two women friends hiking a portion of the Franciscan Trail.  Turns into something far greater than just a hike... We find ourselves building Alzheimer's awareness and working to reduce the stigma attached.

Today we ask of you could please take a moment to visit our funding site at;    <http://j.mp/FFALZ>  or j.mp/FFALZ  (they’re case sensitive) and watch our short video.

**Just a note: our funding site at Generosity by Indiegogo self-attaches a fee located just below your contribution amount. You have an option to hit the "edit" button and mark the fee down to $0.00.

#blueriverapple

C’mon, don’t be shy, take a break from the everyday and get involved!  You’ll be part of a day by day travel log as Nancy and Deborah make their way along this historic trail in central Italy, by following along via FB or their blog.  The trip begins on May 14, 2016!!

 <
http://www.foodfaithalzheimers.blogspot.com/>
www.FoodFaithAlzheimers.blogspot.com

#one4-ounceserving

Our Facebook page is: Food, Faith, and Alzheimer's

                                                                     










No comments:

Post a Comment